Oil prices took their biggest 1-day drop in more than 2 years and closed under $100 a barrel on May 5th. Apparently, investors ran off because of a weakening demand in the US market. Yeah, when it costs more than fifty bucks to fill the tank in a compact car, I can see where the demand might decrease.
How can we, the consumers who are getting shafted, help drive the price of oil down?
- Stop driving big, gas guzzling pick up trucks and SUVs! There was a time when the only people who drove trucks, actually needed them!
- Stop driving 80 miles an hour fercrissakes!
- As a side note, maybe states wouldn’t need to raise taxes if they enforced a traffic law or three. But that’s a subject for another post.
- While you’re at it, check your tire pressure
- When making a trip to the corner store, consider walking. I’m just sayin’…
- Buy some CFL bulbs. You’d be surprised how long they last. Personally, I can’t remember the last time I changed a light bulb
- And the next gen LED bulbs, can’t wait to get my hands on `em.
- Put on a sweater, turn down the thermostat.
- And when you leave the room, turn off the light will ya?